This policy explains:
- What information the Wicked Plugins website collects and why it is collected;
- How that information may be used;
- Your control over your own information; and
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Protecting your privacy is very important to us. Please take the time to read through this policy to understand how your information may be used. If you have any questions, please email us at .
Information we collect
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you provide (voluntarily submit). Most often, this includes information related to registering for a user account, which includes items such as your name and email address.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information during your use of our website and services. This information includes:
- Log information
When you use services or view content provided by Wicked Plugins, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. The primary purpose of this tracking is to improve and optimize our services, as well as to ensure there is some tracking of any potentially undesirable behavior on our site. This information may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as which features you have used.
- IP (Internet Protocol) address.
- Device information such operating system type, operating system version, browser type, browser version, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your user account on any Wicked Plugins services.
- Location information
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Wicked Plugins service, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device. We will not share these anonymous identifiers with any partners.
- Log information
How we use information we collect
The information we collect is used for two primary purposes, to improve the quality of the services we offer and to protect any users of our service.
When you contact Wicked Plugins, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Wicked Plugins may process personal information on servers located in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
While our services do not currently contain advertising, we may in the future include advertising, and information collected may be used to optimize the delivery and effectiveness of such advertising.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not currently share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Wicked Plugins unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Wicked Plugins when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Wicked Plugins if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Wicked Plugins, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Wicked Plugins and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular, we, or third party vendors on our behalf:
- Encrypt many of our services using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Review our information collection, storage and processing practices to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- Restrict access to personal information to Wicked Plugins employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.